ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
PARTICIPATING MERCHANT POLICIES
Related services and offerings with links from Peel’s platform, including vendor profiles, have their own privacy policies that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective vendor/brand. Online merchants and others who participate in Peel Services are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Peel’s platform collects certain information from and about its users in three ways: directly from our Web Server logs, directly from the user, and with Cookies.
- Web Server Logs.
When you visit our platform, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent vi sits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information as well as providing personalized functionality.
Peel reserves the right to share aggregate d site statistics with partner companies but does not allow other companies to place cookies on our website unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as merging a site that relies on third – party cookies into our website).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our Website.
- Personal Information Users
Visitors to our platform will register for an account. When you register, we will request some personal information such as name and telephone number. Peel will also ask to access your mobile contacts. Peel will use your contacts to find your connections on Peel and notify you when your connections join. If allowed, your contacts’ information will be uploaded to our server but Peel will never contact them. After uploading your contacts, the server will check your contacts against active Peel users to let you know if any of your contacts are on Peel. If one of your contacts joins after that, the server will push you a notification letting you know that your contact joined. Any invitations, messages, or shares will only be performed by the user and the server will never contact any of the users’ contacts not on Peel without the user taking a direct action to share with that individual.
- Anonymous Use and Sharing. We may share with others anonymized questions, answers, and comments for market research, data modeling, and analytics. Such information will not include personal information but may include unique identifiers such as device identifiers or “hashes” of email addresses.
- For Legal Reasons. We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; or protect the rights, property, or safety of you, or others.
- Merger or Sale. If all or a portion of Peel or its assets are sold or transferred, personal information and other information we have collected may be treated as an asset and transferred in accordance with this Policy.
- Your Permission. We may also disclose your personal information with your permission.
- A developer will act on objectionable content reports within 24 hours by removing content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
Peel will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond and resolve any problem or question.